Monday, November 08, 2010

A Bit Like Astrology and Also Fun

An exercise in analyzing the psychology of those who like particular shows: thought I would see what it says about me.
Mad Men: Mac people? Hardly, though I did own a couple of Apples of the Apple II generation before the IBM PC appeared. "prefer brands like Blue Moon to Campbell's soup": Nope.
Family Guy: Have seen only one episode; it was pretty funny. "They gravitate towards brands like DiGiorno and the Ford F-150." Not me at all: what is DiGiorno?
Glee: "Open to new experiences and creative." OK look who does not recognize him/herself there? Of course Richard Florida counts me as part of the super-creative class so it is clearly true. "They favor brands like Evian over Quaker cereals." Nope, have never bought and Evian and never will; don't buy Quaker, but have been thinking about oats lately. Neigh! Whinny!
DWTS: "They prefer a nice, solid Chrysler Town & Country to that newfangled Toyota Prius." I probably would though both are too high-end.
The Office: I have seen only the Gervais version. 'Nuff said. Though I found this funny: "They choose brands like the BMW Series 3 over the Lincoln Town Car. " Now that is a tough one - I cannot imagine wanting either of those vehicles.
Biggest Loser: I see bits of it only as the remote hunts. 'Nuff said.
The Real Housewives of Orange County: I have not seen any of the Real Housewives. 'Nuff said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home