Saturday, May 01, 2010

Thanks, Goodenough Family

I want to post thanks to the Goodenough family for the funeral for my friend Terry today, and the following gathering. They allowed me to share fond memories with true friends I have missed for a while. None of us liked the circumstances; a funeral is particularly final for an atheist like me.
Maybe accidentally, I stumbled across this song from someone I am coming to think of as the best songwriter of his generation:

There are indeed only happy tears. And I know it is wrong to think of the world as shrinking, as it was clear from today's gatherings that Terry has left an enormous footprint of influence on so many lives. But to us geezers it feels a bit like shrinking. My heart says one thing - my brain knows Terry's world has expanded mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home