Saturday, April 10, 2010

Lisbeth Salander

... is one tough fictional character.
And my TV is lately full of ads announcing a movie version of 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'.
So what will be turning up in theatres next week?
Is it this Swedish film? That would be excellent - it is a great, and wrenching, movie, and the Lisbeth Salander in that movie fits reasonably well with the one I know from the one Stieg Larsson novel I read. I hope it is not some godawful Hollywood remake.
Ms. Salander is one tough cookie and her Hollywoodization would be a tragedy.

UPDATE: Am now almost through the last of the Millenium trilogy of films done in Sweden. I cannot for the life of me see how an American remake would be an improvement. Michael Nyquist and Noomi Rapace are wonderful. They are three of the best action/mystery movies I have ever seen. So sad that the planned ten episodes will not go beyonmd this wonderful three.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home