Friday, April 16, 2010

CNN's Hiring - Rick Sanchez Edition

While he is not unique among CNN TV-faces, Ruck Sanchez has always seemed to me to be particularly dim and devoid of analytical skills or basic education. Kate McMillan finds a doozie:
SANCHEZ: I was just asking Chad, how can you get a volcano in Iceland? [Myers laughs]. Isn't it too- when you think of a volcano, you think of Hawaii and long words like that. You don't think of Iceland.
MYERS: Right.
SANCHEZ: You think it's too cold to have a volcano there. But no! There it is.
I think by the time I was in Grade 3 I had lost this rather deep insight, that might seem natural to a very small child. Apparently he is also unaware of Iceland's geothermal energy exploitation, and yet this is relatively 'green', so I'd expect CNNers to be all over it.
At least, in his defence, he is not being cited for attributing the volcano to greenhouse gase emissions. No doubt some other news anchor somewhere has.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home