Friday, August 07, 2009

Why I Read Brad De Long every day I can

One standard I apply pretty rigorously is my expectation that someone will admit when he is/was wrong; it is not a widely distributed quality, but Brad has it in spades. Moreover, he adds a gentle humor to the invariable admissions.
A truly fine example is this lovely sentence:

(Indeed, I have a half-finished paper that will now never, ever be finished on how Mussa was wrong.)

from this post,
titled with his usual combination of arrogance and cantankerousness,
Why Oh Why Can't We Have Better Nobel Laureates in Economics
.
He is forced to start off pointing out that there were many Cassandras regarding the current economic crisis, but that he is one of many who has to apologize to Cassandra.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home