Tuesday, August 25, 2009

IAAF World's Highlight - Go Berlino!

Thanks to technology, I was able to watch comprehensive TV coverage of the IAAF World Championships, not confined to the CBC's and US Networks' notions of what the 'highlights' were (notions that have essentially turned me totally off watching athletics in the last twenty years).
There were numerous wonderful moments for me, who have no interest in sprinting - top examples being the women's high jump showdown between the contrasting Friedrich and Vlasic and especially the amazing women's marathon.
But another highlight is discussed by the the Science of Sport guys, and hardly related to Science, though I agree a GREAT addition to sport! Once I would have been surprised at this German puckishness, but I know better now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home