Thursday, August 20, 2009

I Feel so Wealthy

Maybe not the way you might think.
When I was young, it was almost impossible, even on the next day, to find out the results of the sports that excited me.
As I write, I am watching a tennis match on my local cable TV whose result MIGHT have been in a local newspaper the next morning, but even more remarkably, I just watched Usain Bolt's latest amazing run, but am also able to follow the women's high jump final at the IAAF Athletics championship, by way of live video on my computer, thanks to the CBC. Moreover, anyone who is willing to pay a relatively nominal fee to the local cable company could get these services.
Today's possible experiences were utterly inconceivable to me as little as 20 or 30 years ago.
We are so rich.
And Ariane Friedrich makes her jump! Stunning how quiet she could make the tens of thousands of people become to support her, and wonderful how funny Ovett and crew again find it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home