Friday, March 27, 2009

The Quality of 'The Current' (2)

I have written before on this topic. Who would have thought that following the Iceland Weather Report would feed me some of the best material confirming the uselessness of this supposed news show on CBC Radio.

OK, the shocking thing is not this blatant manipulation of the truth, this bastardization of fact to fit their own agenda. No, the shocking thing is that this is fricking Canadian STATE BROADCASTING - a media outlet that is supposed to be credible and to have some sort of integrity.

And so I ask you: if they so blatantly and shamelessly exploit and maneuver the facts in this instance - then how do you know when they are actually telling the truth?

Actually, I am not convinced the CBC's track record on that front has ever been other than somewhat questionable.
I think the naivete behind the question is somewhat charming; why should anyone in his right mind think that the CBC is particularly committed to the truth? Good grief, she claims she has lived in Canada!

1 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Alda said...

I guess I'm just used to living in a country where State Broadcasting is the most trustworthy source around.

Thought it might be the same in Canada. Clearly I was wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home