Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Last, maybe, on Galloway coming to Canada

I have had different opinions. You can see from two previous posts of mine with both opinions.
There is NO free speech issue here and in fact he gets a perfect opportunity to spread his views.
He handed money to an organization that Canada brands as a terrorist organization (rightly, I think). Seems our federal judge agrees that such behavior meets the criteria for barring him.
In any case, if anything, Galloway gets a lot of publicity from all this and must feel very happy.
My personal preference, let him in, let the local NDP discredit themselves by attending his talk, as has happened before, and let him go home.
This only feeds the stupid left that simply buys into the Hamas story.
While I sympathize with our government, I think it was a tactical error to let this blow up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home