Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Another Stupid Song List

Norm points out a defect in, and proposes an addition (maybe not the one I would pick in French) to the list in the Guardian of great love songs.
The list has two songs not in English! (And the version of 'La Vie en Rose', in the youtube versions I have seen, is appalling compared to the Piaf originals). Does this sound familiar?
I guess it does not surprise me that a list of love songs originating with the Guardian's and Observers teams of critics should be this insular. No songs in Spanish? No songs in German? etc. etc. etc.
I scanned the comments list and it seems it is just another bunch of songs in English, which maybe is not surprising from Guardian/Observer readers. There is one suggestion I loved, though - one commenter expresses outrage at the lack of any song from The Buzzcocks in the list!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home