Sunday, January 25, 2009

Maybe Bailouts Should Not be Fun, but What about Stimuli?

James Hamilton is beginning to sound a little doubtful about current plans.
On the other hand, if everybody and their grandmother is lining up for a bailout, and pulling political strings ([1], [2]) to make sure they get it, I read that as prima facie evidence that the taxpayers' interests are not being properly represented.

In my opinion, though, stimuli SHOULD be fun.
So I am wondering about this, and will try to do some research, and as I come to know more about the "stimulus" packages in the USA and Canada (details still to come), I hope to identify the most fun parts of the stimuli to come.
One of the few details I know even about the US package was featured on at least two of the morning talking heads politics shows today, and it was a major family planning initiative. I am not sure that gets assigned to the 'fun' category. Depends on how you look at it, I guess. With the Democrats now in charge, I suspect the initiative is not abstinence-based.

1 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger Bluegrass Pundit said...

Do all our Congressmen and Congresswomen own bank stock? Nancy Pelosi wants more TARP money than the 700 billion already wasted

 

Post a Comment

<< Home