Saturday, November 08, 2008

This is why I feel good about Obama

Brad DeLong has his silly moments, but this gives me great comfort.

What strikes me are a couple of key points.

The bench is very deep right now. Practically everyone competent and qualified for high executive office has come over to the Democratic Party over the fourteen years since the coming of Gingrich. Thus there are a huge number of superb choices available for every position.


This just seems obvious to me.

Everyone's knows that this is bigger than any of us, and that the right attitude is to ask for an oar, find a place on a bench, and start rowing. There is an awful lot to do.


Yup. I never believed for a second the Republicans could produce a team with these qualities. Obama has not yet but he has a shot at it. And I hope he does!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home