Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where Was I?

I work for a large multinational and the Lab I work in was officially opening its new site on September 11, 2001. I was a member of one of the teams who was to run demos for reporters and our executives to demonstrate what great stuff we do.
I was setting up my terminal around 9am when part of my demo team came in and reported that an airplane had flown into the World Trade Towers.
I pictured one of those freaky small plane crashes, but the truth came fast.
The opening ceremonies for the new site got shortened and the planned demos were pretty easy to do, as the reporters had a better story elsewhere, and most of our executives had customers to worry about in the World Trade Towers.
A day that should certainly live in infamy, and I remain amazed at the people who do not regard it so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home