Friday, July 04, 2008

Puffery from Mr. Obama

It amazes me that the Obama campaign has the gall to put on its site and article ending with this howler.

Obama added, "I will not question the patriotism of others in this campaign."


The language is hilarious, and of course a little sleazy. "Others in this campaign". Huh? Who else is in this campaign? Oh right, the guy who spent years in the captivity of the Viet Cong. Very noble not to challenge his patriotism. And let me get it right, somebody's wife is only now finding pride in the country? Great.

It reminds me of this lovely spoof.



(My favorite bit is "Involved with Torture".)

(Disclosure - had I a vote today, I would lean to Obama - his stated policies so far are marginally less stupid than those of McCain and I have faith he would produce a better body of advisers, as Clinton certainly did compared to Bush, in most policy areas - Clinton was of course hopeless on national security. And I have no particular expectation of honesty from these candidates - I view Obama as a standard Richard Daley type Chicago politician who has found a slick way to engage the naive - this does not mean he would be a disaster - on the contrary.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home