Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bombardier meet Bastiat

Bombardier is a subsidy project run by Canadian governments for many years (nothing has changed since this article) (I hate their airplanes, and love the ones from Embraer, the company they use as a foreign subsidized manufacturer to justify their farcical theft of my money - seems to me it is very generous of Brazilian taxpayers to subsidize my air travel, but I do not welcome reciprocation). This lovely letter from the Montreal Gazette is the perfect skewering.

The bottom line is of course:

But it doesn't matter what you think. You have no choice. My good friend the politician will make you lend me the money. If you refuse, he'll send you to jail. He thinks it's a good project. After all, who are you to know what to do with your money?


(h/t Cafe Hayek)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home