Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Something Muslims Should have Pride In

Tarek Fatah has been commenting, and very helpfully, at Andrew Coyne's liveblogging, e.g. here, about the current witness. Non-brain-dead Muslims must be feeling embarrassed by this charade, that their image is currently captured in many places by Elmasry and the pathetic sock puppets.

Another good comment at that blog; I live in East Toronto near a mosque that at least once was Ismaili. This means the street nearby has lots of places offering "Halal Pizza" (a concept that makes me smile and feel really good about what I understand as multiculturalism), and is also often filled with all sorts of people who look as oddly dressed to me as I must to them in my beer-advertising T-shirt, Walmart-purchased Levis, white socks, and clearance slightly-out-of-date sneakers. As SillyWife commented recently as we drove through that stretch of town, (paraphrase) "the teenage boys' outfits here look a little different from the odd ones we are used to" (the ones we are used to are the ghetto or prison emulation mode).

I hope these utterly good citizens who happen to be Muslims do not even know about the jerks and, to quote Ezra again, "grievance-mongers" that lyingly claim to speak in their name.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home