Friday, June 06, 2008

More on the Marsupials and Joke Testing Careers

Al and Mike talk to Mark Steyn - this is a show that 'shows' just how he works.

One example - he talks about going to jail - not an outcome that can come into being here - but his glibness is not so off the mark. Fake but accurate? But actually, in spirit, pretty accurate.

So yeah he is a bit careless on facts, but he is funny, and many of his jokes bite really nicely. And make very good points.

I especially like the suggestion that the lead sock puppet could have a career as a joke tester; this is about a person as dead to with as I have ever seen (judging from the TVO appearance). And I like the point of how people have come to have contempt for the sock puppets - the analysis is spot on. As Steyn says "I'd rather discover that my jokes are criminal before ...".

And maybe the comments about Osgoode Hall may now make sense of how the sock puppets could be graduates of an ostensible law school.

I do not know who Mike and Al are - I shall surely learn more in the near future.

Steyn - "He does seem to exist in a variable reality." Wonderful wording.

"absurdly banal reductios of Truedeaupian education"

He actually speaks very well and entertainingly and accurately about "the parts of the world that work".

There is also a good discussion of the fatuity of "group rights".

OK maybe I confess that with all my reservations about Mark Steyn as a scholar, I think he is a great force for good. (Allan - you win that point.)

It is also delightful to see the world "left" lining up, Noam Chomsky and Johann Hari, and less delightful hearing Steyn describe the pathetic response on the Canadian 'left'. He is funny, and a bit frustrated, and rightly. Our left has descended into pathetic mediocrity and he is right - look at the NDP!

Also great is the discussion of the CHRC shenanigans. (Listen, if you do not get it - you SHOULD know.)

Interesting discussion when Steyn falls off the phone - natural among libertarians - and of course my views are my 'liberalism' - but the word has been perverted, and I am also disappointed that in Canada there is little going on in opposition to this case. A few MPs care, and we can hope they can educate their colleagues.

Steyn is clearly so much smarter than the sock puppets and the Mohammedan legal titan that the whole story is just sad and a clear piece of evidence that this is a SILLY (but I think more malevolent) country. Even more revealing is that he points out that Quebecers are totally blind to this process - and I love Steyn's humorous way of description.

In the ultimate end, I want to thank Rogers Communications, a company of whom I am very significant and not always happy customer, for putting in all the effort to resist the assholes that they are fighting.

BTW - I finally bought 'America Alone'. Only because I could find no button on Mark Steyn's web page where I could just give him money. :-)

Will someone please come and sue me so my neglected blog gets noticed?

Amusing stuff on Warren Kinsella. And I agree - why would anyone want to talk to him? There are people with a stake and Kinsella's only stake is Kinsella.

It is clear the Mark Steyn will be told he has to retire his column, etc. Dear God, I hope so - I do not want to die before it all comes out. WE hall see.

The end of the discussion is telling. Where I would have likely voted for the Conservatives in the past, this has become for me a key criterion. The current government has turned into a bad joke. I am out of here.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger Allan said...

Will someone please come and sue me so my neglected blog gets noticed?

All you have to do is post something
with a few derogatory comments
and the names 'Warren Kinsella' and 'Richard Warman' in it.

Apparently these two creeps spend most of their time
doing Internet searches for their names
so that they can threaten or start lawsuits.

The famous CHRC guru Warman even threatened to sue a student
who writes for the McGill student newspaper.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

Maybe your comment can get me sued!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home