Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Cygnets Have Landed

A long overdue update from Ashbridge's Bay.

Last Friday the normal nesting swan scene was replaced by this:


The male was up there on the nest with his mate (for weeks I had not seen this), and the two of them were up to something. I became hopeful!

Saturday the nest was empty. I saw no swans. Monday a couple told me there were cygnets, "a half-dozen", that they had just seen on their walk, but I saw no swans. I saw no swans on Tuesday.

This morning they were back on the nest. Hmm.

At the end of my walk I went back and finally found them paddling around the bay.



Apologies for the lack of sharpness but they would not come close and I was without tripod! I think I see seven little heads following Mom. History suggests the number won't stay seven for long.

I have a few more days to try to get some better shots of them.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home