Monday, June 09, 2008

The CBC Does its Thing

This article is a very interesting report on a Statistics Canada report.

The CBC chooses to give prominence to the clown at the centre of last week's entertainments, the ridiculous Mohamed Elmasry.

Why on Earth do they even bother talking to this guy? He has appointed himself a spokesperson for Canadian Muslims and I know of no evidence that he plays the role in any real way. And my God my views would be different about what we should be doing in Canada if I thought so.

Of course, I do think there is a reason they pick him rather than, say, Tarek Fatah; and my thinking is no compliment to their reporting or editorial skills.

If I had voted Conservative in the last election I could ask what I had wasted my vote on, when this silly organization, our "national broadcaster", now writhing in the crisis engendered by letting a stupid little piece of music have its license expire, continues to play its sleazy games. But I did not, so I have to wait for some later election (the next one is likely devoted, in my mind, to our numbingly stupid notion of "human rights".

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home