Sunday, April 06, 2008

Atonement - I was surprised

My readers know I am a great Ian McEwan fan - I am really looking forward to reading "On Chesil Beach", except for the possible identification with the protagonists.

I read "Atonement" a couple of years ago, and enjoyed it, but found myself annoyed by its post-modernist denouement.

Friday, captive, and useless, in a hotel room, I chose to watch the movie in my room. I had very low expectations - I am not a big Keira Knightley fan, though perhaps I should have had hopes from the fact that McEwan had a big role in the production of the movie.

In the end I was very positively surprised. Somehow in the movie, seeing the old Briony, it was more acceptable to have the tables turned.

I so look forward to watching it with SillyWife.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home