Saturday, November 03, 2007

Soulpepper 10th Anniversary Season

A fund-raising flyer arrived, including the plans for next year; I am now hoping I live through June at least.

The plans are:

Salt-Water Moon by David French, starting in January. The NY Times review calls it an
intermissionless two-character work of flabbergasting uneventfulness
.
OK January I can devote to other companies. And it is Canadian, to boot.

February - Shakespeare! As You Like It! I have never seen it and it is time especially after reading that great book about 1599.

February - The Odd Couple by Neil Simon.
Hmmm - Albert Schultz and Diego Matamoros - who will be Oscar and who Felix? I am tempted.

May - 'Night Mother.
Mother-daughter casting of Megan Follows and Dawn Greenhalgh. Tempting. The movie version gets a high rating. A strong maybe.

June - Uncle Vanya.
Woooooooooooo-hooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nobody hits Chekhov quite like Soulpepper for me, except maybe Queen's University many years ago . I do hope Diego Matamoros will reprise his Vanya of a few years ago. I would probably go see it three times!

July - Congreve's The Way of the World.
Yes! I must contrive my summer travels so I do not miss this.

July - Under Milk Wood, featuring Kenneth Welsh.
Another definite maybe.

August - Peter Shaffer's Black Comedy, and Stoppard's The Real Inspector Hound.
The latter has one great line "This is rough justice indeed", as I recall it, so this looks like a lot of fun.

August - Anouilh Ring Round the Moon.
Not so sure.

October - A Raisin in the Sun
Maybe

October - Caryl Churchill's Top Girls
Seeing it twice this year was enough

November - A Christmas Carol
The idea of Joseph Ziegler as Scrooge is almost attractive. We shall see.

2 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger rondi adamson said...

A Raisin in the Sun is one of the best movies I've ever seen. I'll bet the play would be great.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

OK that makes the Maybe a Yes, and you will have to come too! Now I hope I live until October.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home