Monday, August 20, 2007

More Climate Change

I picked Doc as a foil for my first climate change post. I think he and I are very close in our thinking on the issue, but have very slightly different priors, and these can multiply themselves.
As proof of the closeness, let me point at Doc's post from earlier today - the Jeff Jacoby columns linked to are very good (except for the stupid 1934/1998 reference - this really is brain-dead), and I loved the video. The video was great at catching one thing I loathed as I tried to watch the Gore movie - "The debate is over". Well, that is great science!
The other great thing in the video is the appearance of Bjorn Lomborg, who understands opportunity cost, a notion beyond most of the global warming industry. The points about malaria are just the start of the discussion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home