Monday, July 23, 2007

Under Siege





This is wonderful and makes me feel a bit less victimized by the squirrels who still seem determined to come in and simply fetch their own peanuts if I do not toss enough out for them.

The bird walks into the RS McColl newsagents in Aberdeen when the door is open and makes off with cheese Doritos.

The seagull, nicknamed Sam, has now become so popular that locals have started paying for his crisps.

Shop assistant Sriaram Nagarajan said: "Everyone is amazed by the seagull. For some reason he only takes that one particular kind of crisps."

The bird first swooped in Aberdeen's Castlegate earlier this month and made off with the 55p crisps, and is now a regular.

Once outside, the crisps are ripped open and the seagull is joined by other birds.


My squirrels have apparently been joined by a raccoon with my supplies in his sights and that worries me a bit more.

1 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger rondi adamson said...

Very adorable! I wonder how long till Doritos sees the advertising possibilities here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home