Friday, July 20, 2007

Juli!!

In a previous post, I described one of my business meetings undermined by sound checks for a student concert to follow that evening. The revelatory moment that afternoon came in the middle of the sound checks as the band "Juli" was doing sound checks by singing "Zerrissen"; we in the meeting being disrupted by this reacted as three or four of us suddenly commented that we really liked this band.

I finally got their latest CD and am really enjoying it! Getting the CD was some work - my plan had been to get it in Dresden, then the plan moved to Prague, and it finally bore fruit in a shop on the Kaerntnerstrasse in Vienna. I think this will become the CD in my car for a few weeks now, at least.

I have written in the past about the unexpected joys of business travel. This is an element I had not anticipated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home