Saturday, April 07, 2007

It was Twenty Years Ago Today


OK I am being imprecise, but as I go through my old photo library I stumble onto lovely suprises. One was this picture of my cat Oliver, as a kitten; as records show he was born in April 1986, this shot is surely from more than twenty years ago, where he is lecturing the much larger neighbour dog on proper respect for a cat.

It's 21 years later now and this is a more typical pose for him; the vet has had him marked as suffering from severe kidney degradation for three years now. Beats me. Worse than that, I had been feeding him the tainted cat food for a good while in the recent past. He won't quit.
Now I had been recalling a great Ogden Nash couplet about the problem with a kitten (my recollection was "eventually it becomes a cat") but a web search for this quote produces a stunning variety of options, none quite what I recall. I am a big fan of the Web and it has its limitations.

1 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger rondi adamson said...

Ooh, little Ollie! He actually hasn't changed much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home