Saturday, March 31, 2007

A Walk in the Park

It has been a while since I have visited Ashbridge's Bay and Woodbine Beach with a camera; the day was clouded over, cool (5 degrees Centigrade) and with a pretty stiff wind. You can see the impact of the wind here, as on some days Lake Ontario is utterly still near this shoreline. (Reminder: click on the images to see them at a proper size.)

Remarkably, there was an area along the shore where there is still snow; several mild days in the not recent past eliminated most of what was left of it, but this area must avoid sunlight most of the day. Check this little survivor out.

This little fellow was affronted by my lack of food. I may try to remember to bring some next time, but hope parks officials don't see me.

I have spoken about how much I enjoy the chatter of oldsquaws on the lake; there are few left, as they really only winter here. But I saw at least one straggler, perhaps encouraged by the chilly conditions.

The last cute observation was this little overachiever.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home