Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Good Night to Sleep Through

Insomnia this week on the road has had the side benefit of exposing me to some very entertaining, if bizarre, tennis matches from the Australian Open.
I surprised myself last night by sleeping without interruption. Imagine my delight to find that all I had missed was Federer crushing Roddick (the highlights on ESPN made the level of dominance clear) and Serena Williams beating Vaidisova. (Well, to be honest, it would have been nice to see this continuation of Serena's excellent return.)
I am guessing that in my nervousness about making my flight home, I will miss the Haas-Gonzalez match, which I regret, as I have found the play of both of them very attractive in the past (Haas for years, and Gonzalez in the last year or so).
But I should be home for Williams-Sharapova, and that ought to be a delight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home