Monday, December 11, 2006

Crushed

I got this in my e-mail recently.


I got it because I have spent much of the last few years in England, a moderate amount in London, and an inordinate amount of that at theatre performances, and this how is now on stage there. Also, I spent the academic year 1977-1978 in England, and found that the most enjoyable television that year was 'The Good Life', with Felicity Kendal.
Felicity Kendal has remained one of my terrible (in all the senses) enthusiasms of the years since.
I fear I will have to miss this - no excuse to be in London in the near future.
By the way, the best show on British TV, which we never missed, was an early reality show, "A Man and his Dog".
It stuns me there is no such show here in Canada today.
A measure perhaps of a lack of the curiosity I ought to have had is that I learned only 20 years later that the film "Shakespeare Wallah" roughly documented Kendal's family's life.
I would so love to see this play, even though it is a David Hare play. And you now know why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home