Saturday, November 11, 2006

Patton

TV Ontario (if I had to shut myself down to local broadcast stations, I suspect I could find a pretty good life devoting myself to this channel) is showing 'Patton' tonight. I have not seen it in years, but am planning to watch it tonight. This sister lists it as her favourite movie.
In its first ten minutes it documents some entertainig truths. What is the first country the US invades after Pearl Harbour? The answer is 'Morocco'.
George C Scott is widely viewed as having captured the genius and nuttiness of this warrior perfectly.
I look forward to the next couple of hours.

5 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger rondi adamson said...

"Rommel, you magnificent bastard! I read your book!"

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

Exactly the attitude I know I and my colleagues have to the forces on the other (commercial only, in our case) side. Respect and a strong desire to crush.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger EclectEcon said...

That's odd. She told me her favourite movie is "the Sound of Music".

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

This may be proof that strangers listen more carefully to her than her male relatives.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger rondi adamson said...

I have two favourite movies. They're for different moods, but are definitely tied for "favourite movie." Patton is for when I can't go on anymore, or am mired in self-pity. It's like a cinematic kick in the pants. And the Sound of Music is...well, it is for every mood. It is genius. Then I have "runner-up" favourites, such as Bad Day at Black Rock, or Born Free.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home