Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A Brutal Week

One knows as one ages that the theme will start switching at some point to the heroes you had, or at least those who became part of your life, leaving the world on a steady basis.
About ten years ago it began to strike me that those I admired where dying at a good clip.
This week has been especially hard.
Already mentioned in this blog have been Milton Friedman (who, by the way, I knew for years I had to despise - and was that ever wrong!) and Robert Altman. Today I find that John Allan Cameron has died (if you are not Canadian and are scratching your head, do not worry - it is one of those things).
A rough week indeed. The world seems a bit smaller, but to play a Bastiat riff, this is largely because we have no idea who is being born today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home