Sunday, September 10, 2006

September 11, 2006

I won't be blogging much tomorrow as I will be in the air for a large part of the day! And this never crossed my mind as I booked the flights.
On the day of the actual murders, I was part of a team preparing the festive opening of a new local site for the multinational I work for. The person who was co-manning my post (we had demos to do for the visitors) arrived a little late, shortly after 9am, and told me a plane had flown into the World Trade Center, and I naturally pictured a small biplane. It did not take long for me to have my misconceptions corrected.
In fact, several executives had flown to Toronto that morning, and were wandering around worried about some of their customers.
The festive opening became something other than that.
And the world has become something other than it was then, in our foolish naivete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home