Sunday, September 24, 2006

Ryder Cup - Justice was Done

I posted earlier on my trouble watching tape-delay.
Today was the day the play was broadcast live, but I also had to get from London, Ontario to Toronto. Should I wait for it to finish or get moving, to be able to prepare for the week ahead.
The glorious thing is that the European players solved it for me. Many years ago they blew a big lead in the last round to give the US team a win. I noticed Colin Montgomerie giving a good reason to believe that this was less likely this year (in the previous two days all the Europeans had played and none had been shut out of points - I think a good point).
Whatver his logic, it did not take long to recognize that NO turnaround would happen this year as the Europeans also totally dominated singles play.
Twenty years ago this was pretty even. This year makes me wonder if it ever can be again. Have we lost a tournament that once was fun to watch?

2 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

It is certainly useful having valuable social commentary on the blog from those utterly lacking in gaucheness, especially when it is so relevant to the topic at hand.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

Insightful and relevant commentary, as ever. Thank!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home