Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Monarchs Everywhere

Pretty well all sources are reporting a plethora of Monarch butterflies this summer, and I have noticed the same, as I drive around, at the golf courses I play, and even here at my home.
The only sad thing is that the milkweed I have growing in the backyard has drawn no attention from butterflies.
In any case, I have no idea what it means that there are so many Monarchs around this early - the current densities are what I am used to seeing late in the summer as they migrate. But I hope it means something good for them.

2 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger rondi adamson said...

I saw a beautiful one outside mum's condo this weekend -- lingering by some bushes. I wished I'd had my camera with me!

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

Our drive back from Ottawa today featured even MORE of them! Man - I hope this means there will be a pile getting back to Mexico.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home