Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The joys and perils of Business Travel

Grant McCracken has a great post full of useful advice for neophyte business travellers. While he does hit the very important point of knowing WHAT hotel you are in, he misses on also knowing WHAT room you are in. In principle the front desk can solve this, but if you are insisting that you were on the 21st floor of a six-story hotel it can get more delicate.
One thing he does not discuss is the user interface of bath/showers. This morning in my Chicago suburb I encountered a shower head that looked like the control deck of the Starship Enterprise. It turned out that I found some simple manipulations that did what I wanted (and more!) and so did not have to boldly go where no man has gone before, but I have frequently found myself mystified in the past by apparently simple plumbing.
I hope someone can extend his advice post to include this area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home