Thursday, February 23, 2006

CSI Berkeley

Well that notion gave me a giggle. I encountered it on this post from voluntaryXchange, a blog by another economist who has interesting things to say about curling. (The other one I am aware of co-blogs with me (not here). It turns out there are some who have nothing interesting to say despite trying.)
So the idea CSI Berkeley comes from elsewhere, and not originally his post. I'd sure like to see the investigative team they assemble there. And they could have some pretty imaginative crimes, perhaps outdoing Miami in ridiculousness.
In any case, I love his point that a PVR (or in my less advanced case, 3 or 4 VCRs and some skill programming them) can mean one is perpetually overwhelmed by how much excellent television there is to watch in the time one has for it.
My faithful readers will understand how I might have gasped with recognition at this comment from him:
Oh, and by the way, the second season of the best show on TV right now - Slings and Arrows - is starting up on Sundance on the 19th. You can't beat a show where the director of a theatre company puts in his will that he wants to be rendered so that he can appear in every performance of Hamlet as Yorick.
I've seen the second season and endorse it thoroughly. It features much of the cream of Canadian theatre acting, enjoying taking off on their favourite subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home