Tuesday, January 17, 2006

This is the equivalent of Henman's troubles at Wimbledon?

I am watching the Australian Tennis Open and Lleyton Hewitt (yeah his parents are weird spellers) is in danger of losing in the opening round to a guy with surname Vik, who is playing quite entertainingly.

The announcers just said what I quoted in the subject line and I thought .... Whoaaa Noooooo!

Tim Henman always seemed likable to me. Is there anyone who understands how anyone (other than parents, and for a while confused girlfriends) could like or cheer for Lleyton Hewitt? Baffles me that the crowd is actually NOT cheering for the Czech (Vik).

Tim Henman is attractive, and seems a genuinely decent guy. He has engaged more than just the British audiences for years because he seems to be a delightful fellow. Are tennis fans entirely indiiferent to this sort of thing? Maybe I am from a different generation. But to suggest that Hewitt is worthy of the cheering he gets and is somehow comparable to Henman .... aaarrgghh

BTW - seems Hewitt will win this puppy .... :-(
One thing I *do* admire in him is he does not give up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home