Friday, December 02, 2005

The Charms of Convalescence

I'm still at a stage where I am not supposed to do too much so I am happily vegetating, novels in hand, with the 'televison machine' (one explanation of the phrase here) (I own several) on.

For a few terrible moments I thought the online TV listings I use told me I had to choose between Natalie Gulbis' Calendar Shoot Special on the Golf Channel (hang on - I will explain) and a Wendy Crewson movie. Fortunately I was wrong.

Natalie Gulbis is an LPGA golfer, who has a good deal of marketing savvy (or at least is advised by those who do). She is quite a good golfer, and as is increasingly the case in the increasingly competitive LPGA, has quite an athletic body, which did make the special on her 2006 calendar shoot very impressive, especially as it now slants to bathing suits. She appears from that TV show to be cut from that strange American cloth mixture of social conservatism combined with a pragmatic exhibitionism. It is even more characteristic that her parents are at her side throughout. To be honest, I would love to have a copy of her calendar, but the $30 US shipping costs to Canada are prohibitive to my mind.

As for the Wendy Crewson part of my delightful day, that awaits a later post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home