Friday, December 02, 2005

Amazon recommendations

I just placed another order and of course was offered some recommendations. I find it fascinating trying to figure out what past behaviour of mine could lead to this:

DVD Recommendation: Don Carlo
OK I do order Opera DVDs. But never Verdi.
They have at least figured out the place for them to broaden the recommendations were Westerns and Classics. When I checked this second level I was perplexed to find "Mr and Mrs Smith". No not too likely a purchase (this being the Pitt-Jolie movie, not the earlier excellent Robert Montgomery-Carole Lombard film, which I might have ordered).

Book Recommendation: Diana Gabaldon's "A Breath of Snow and Ashes"
I have no idea who this is or what this book is.
Maybe I should have got the recent Minette Walters and Scott Turow from them and not Chapters so they could have got the idea.

Video Recommendation: What the Bleep do we Know
I got exposed to this film visiting family last year and could not get very far into it. What have I ordered that popped it onto the list?

Music Recommendation : Barbra Streisand's Guilty Pleasures
Man - you want a mystery? - this is a mystery to me. Never in my life can I imagine buying a Barbra Streisand album (yes she could sing but so can Celine Dion).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home