Friday, November 11, 2005

Fathers and Sons

Little did I know that two of my favourite bloggers also have blogging fathers! Even stranger, they both live in Berkeley, California.
Brad deLong cites his father in this post. Owen Barder does the same here. I agree with Brian Barder on this one, by the way (those Sunday morning shows are special and much better than any of what I have seen from England, France, Germany, and Austria).
I suspect my father would have been a great blogger; he loved new technologies, was an early e-mailer, even via the pain of Compuserve dial-up. He was a fine debater, and that is the blogging world. It saddens me he never got this chance.

4 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger rondi adamson said...

Hmm. Can't say I agree he was a "fine debater." That generally requires allowing the other person to speak, and not treating them with contempt.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

Maybe a matter of some other issues (which I think you have already addressed in other postings); I always felt I got heard.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger rondi adamson said...

Yeah, well...you have a penis! He placed great importance on that!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

I think you have a point there - I did title the post 'Fathers and Sons' and both my references fill that bill. It does make me uncomfortable but it is true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home