Monday, October 31, 2005

Wendy Crewson - can she explain that magic production?

I spent the academic year 1976-1977 at Queen's University in Canada.
During that year I went to see a student production of 'The Cherry Orchard'. It remains in my memory as the best theatrical production I have seen (and I have spent a good time in London's West End, in New York, and in the delights of Toronto's theatre scene).
One of our morning news shows here has revealed that Wendy Crewson (whom I consider the most attractive actress period anywhere, flat-out, no question) was a student at Queen's, and studied drama. Her birthdate (according to IMDB) suggests she might have been a student when I saw this production. Could she have been in it? No wonder I thought it was so good!

1 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

BensonBear, thank you so much. I think this is pretty strong evidence. Wonderful to discover this these years later - maybe it shows I should be a pack rat and keep all my theatre programs. That was a hell of a Cherry Orchard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home