Saturday, July 23, 2005

Want to Lose some Sleep?

The Telegraph made the mistake of going out and asking. The bottom line:

If these findings are accurate, and they probably are, well over 100,000 British Muslims feel no loyalty whatsoever towards this country.

You can read more here.

I wonder what the result of a similar poll in Canada would be.

UPDATE: It is worse. I did not notice this paragraph.

However, nearly a third of British Muslims, 32 per cent, are far more censorious, believing that "Western society is decadent and immoral and that Muslims should seek to bring it to an end".

3 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

I feel as if the roof of Fortress UK is open and 100K Muslims who hate us have parachuted into our country. We do something in Iraq, say, ... and someone in our own country hits us from behind.

Having said that it's not the first time that someone in the Uk has tried to blow up someone else. They should have done it on Nov 5th.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger EclectEcon said...

Interesting how the views of that 32% remind me of everything I despised about Christian missionaries.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

Forget the missionaries; I grew up in small-town Ontario in the '50s and today's world would have drawn the same reaction then from most of my community. But I seriously doubt any one would have been strapping bombs on and planning to kill random victims.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home